Thursday 10 December 2015

I did not fund Jonathan’s campaign with N700m – ITF DG




The Director General, Industrial Training Fund (ITF), Mrs Juliet Chukkas-Onaeko, said the allegation that she used the agency’s N700 million to fund former President Goodluck Jonathan’s election campaign was untrue.

Speaking at a media round table in Abuja on Thursday, Chukkas-Onaeko described the accusation allegedly made by some members of staff of the organisation as ‘’ridiculous and painful’’.

She stated that those peddling the `falsehood’ should have known that it was impossible for her to sign off such huge amount of money without appropriation.

She said, “I am sure that when they wrote that thing they expected me to go and commit suicide or for the President to just shoot my head.

“If I were going to steal money to fund somebody’s campaign, where did they expect me to get it from? N700 million is not what you just sign off like that.

Click for more

No comments:

Post a Comment